Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Unit 3 Reflection

Unit 3 Reflection


This unit was all about cells and how they function. We learned about cell organelles and other parts, the different kinds of cells, how cells make energy, and more. Some essential topics o understand were photosynthesis and cellular respiration. Plants and other autotrophs use photosynthesis to make ATP (energy). Cells use cellular respiration also. I had trouble understanding how the energy is converted during photosynthesis and how and why cellular respiration takes place in a cell.  I was good at memorizing which organelles go where in the different types of cells. I am a better student than I was yesterday, because I know more about how the organelles even came to be and more, and I've learned better studying techniques and efficient ways to get my work done both in and out of class.  I want to learn more about photosynthesis because I think its super cool that plants can make their own energy, and I think its amazing how everything comes together to make ATP.  My only question was when plants/ cells started using photosynthesis to make energy, like if they always did or if that was something they developed to survive. I wonder = if cells that are both autotrophs and heterotrophs primarily survive off photosynthesis or other organisms, or if different cells use the two differently.


http://www.guidrybiology.com/biology-hp/unit-2



http://tomatosphere.org/teachers/guide/grades-8-10/plants-and-light


No comments:

Post a Comment