Sunday, February 28, 2016

Unit 7 Reflection

 Unit 7 Reflection


This unit was about ecology. We studied the different ecosystems around the globe, and the effects of human activities on them. We studied how food chains/webs are organized, and the 10% rule. We also learned what we could do to help the declining health of ecosystems around the planet.  I would like to learn more about the different ways we can help this crisis locally, and what would be necessary to make a significant impact. I don't have an unanswered questions at the moment. I wonder when the humans on earth will start caring about the future and start helping the environment.
Our conservation biologist project was about Arctic circle.  I worked with Isaiah, Kiran, and Mark.  We completed all of the background research very quickly, and were done with our entire presentation really early on.  Even though we worked very efficiently and had a great final product, we were off task a lot. We got a bit carried away sometimes on topics that didn't relate to our project or even biology. We were also interrupted a number of times while recording.  I learned a lot about the different problems besides global warming that are affecting the arctic circle today.  Our collaboration was great and I loved working on this project.  After taking the quiz, I found that I was dominantly assertive, with a far second being passive. I scored close to none on both aggressive or passive-aggressive.



Our title slide from our conservation biology project. Our name stands for Sasha, Kiran, Isaiah, and Mark, Greatest of all time.









No comments:

Post a Comment